Wednesday 5 June 2013

Family Half Term Holidays - My Spa Experience


Stylogs,

As previously described, the family went on a half term staycation holiday in Hampshire. Staying at Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, I had to test the local Spa.
In between spending time with the kids and husband, I managed to find a few precious seconds to sample life as it should be.
The centre was clean and inviting, with requisite pillows and relaxed atmosphere. The reception was not that comfy, but the lady at the desk was very nice, smiling and friendly.

Hot Stone Message

The message was very relaxing and pleasant. Personally, I don’t like hard messages, so I asked the masseuse (on a pre-filled form) to apply light pressure. The amount and type of pressure was just right. The hot stones were a soothing addition to the traditional message, making the whole experience deeper yet smoother. This was a highlight of the week. The smile stayed on my face until…well the manicure.
 

 

Manicure

I must say that I wasn’t very happy with the manicure. For starters the manicure lady was very quiet and did not want to engage in any chit chat. She was also very slow. The room was poorly lit which did not help with the experience and the atmosphere.
I had to pick a single layer, as I had to keep it short. I asked the manicure lady which colour works with just a single layer, and although she claimed all colours do, she recommended a particular color, which turned out to be inappropriate, as it left streaks on my nails. To make it worse she didn’t apply a top coat. By that point I really had to go (the family was waiting by the pool….), so I left feeling a little deflated. I have to confess that for the amount of money I paid, I should have received a better manicure.
 
...Oh well you can not win them all.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment